Speaker and Amp upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, first time on here, just looking for a bit of advice. Currently have a Sony BDP-S550 Bluray connected to an Epson TW620 projector projecting a 9foot diag image. For sound i am currently using the Sony STR-K790 amp and speaker package. The sub blew on me and i have replaced with a Wharfedale Diamond SW250 active sub. Works fine but the the overall sound is now poor. Looking at getting the Onkyo TXSR608 amp. What speaker package would anyone recommend. Budget is obviously a concern, don't want to spend thousands but i do like plenty of volume and bass. Also is the onkyo a good choice. Looking at getting a smaller sub for the rear as well. Any help gratefully recieved. Thanks

JIM

A

Anonymous

can you give us a budget and size of your room please

Also I take it you want 5.1 at least

what is your preferences, movies with a bit of music or a mix of both in what %`s

btw the Onkyo is a winner for the money

cheers Al

A

Anonymous

Hi Al, thanks for the reply.

Room size 4.5 by 3.5 m

5.1 at the moment but would like to expand later if possible

at the moment 100% movies, but will probably play some music when sorted but main concern is movies

Budget, ok would like to budget £500 for speakers but may go up to £1000 if required.

Thanks again

JIM

A

Anonymous

For around £500, I would suggest the monitor audio vector package, for around £1000 the KEF3005SE would be a must hear.

What ever you decide on make sure you have a listen for yourself.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help Al, will check them both out and make a decision, like the look of the kef as well. Looking forward to hearing them. Thanks again

JIM

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts