Speaker advice

Simonpea

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all

I am after some advice on speakers, I am currently running an av set up that although old, I am very happy with it. my room is not huge so the current set up is ample.

I have Onkyo TXNR609 amp, with Mission centre, M72 Left and right, M70 rears and MS8 100w sub also have some small Sony satellite speakers that I'm using as front high for THX.

I have the option to buy some Kef IQ5se floorstanding speakers for a very good price and just wondered if anyone has experience of either speakers to compare.

Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Simon

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
if you are happy with your existing setup and the sound it makes in your room then I don't see the point of changing the front speakers for a different make, imo this would cause an inbalance of sound across the front soundstage unless you also changed the centre spk to the same make and model range.

The only thing I would try is swapping out your current rear speakers for a set of m7ds bipole's.

*music2*

Simonpea

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I sort of thought that anyway.

Thing is the Kefs are a bargain, I might get them anyway, just not sure where I would use them................although Zone 2 speakers in my kitchen may be an idea lol!

Thanks again

Simon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts