Speaker advice needed for NAD 352C

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My speakers are vintage Wharfedale 505.2s and they're starting to show their age. I was wondering if you could help me choose a replacement.

An absolute requirement is that they're wall-mounted as I have rather destructive cats. My equipment is a mix of various brands:

NAD 352C

Pioneer N50

Denon DCD-720

Denon DBT-1713

The best I can do at local dealers is listen to "a" NAD amp, as the 352 is obviously no longer available. This is probably only slightly better than not auditioning a set of speakers at all. I therefore started out with online research and so far the Dali Ikon 1 seem interesting. They're 700 euro a pair (£ 550), to give an idea of my budget. The music I listen to is mainly classic rock music.

Would the Dali be a nice match with my amp and do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Firstly, if you are to be mounting the speakers on a wall, then you really need to avoid speakers that have rear facing ports, so choose front ported speakers or sealed enclosures (no ports). The Ikons are, I beleive, rear ported.

See if you can get a home demo if possible. Its the only way to ensure that you know exactly how they will sound in your room.

A

Anonymous

Dali has a handy configuration wizard, the Ikon 1 can be wall-mounted, it even has a bracket built in. The Ikon 2 is definitely a no-go in that area. Thanks for the suggestion of a home demo, I'll see what I can do.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Brigitte said:
Dali has a handy configuration wizard, the Ikon 1 can be wall-mounted, it even has a bracket built in. The Ikon 2 is definitely a no-go in that area. Thanks for the suggestion of a home demo, I'll see what I can do.

It might be worth mentioning that Dali have a range of wall mounted speakers in the Ikon range.

If the Ikon 1s are front ported or sealed, then they might be ideal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts