Sparks for life.

Listened to a radio tribute to the alternative pop band Sparks. Never really a fan of the group back in the 70s, but they have insidiously grown on me over the years. Ron Mael, wearing a silly Charlie Chaplin tash and a strange stare, scared the pants off me when I was a youngster.

Convinced that groups these days take themselves too seriously. Sparks are/were great fun.

Ordered the album 'Indiscreet'.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

"This town ain't big enough for both of us" is in my top ten all time favourite tracks.

Loved it as a kid, have loved it throughout my life, and love it still. Got a copy of "Kimono my house" on vinyl at a car boot a few years ago, now that is an album.
rockout.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
"This town ain't big enough for both of us" is in my top ten all time favourite tracks.

Loved it as a kid, have loved it throughout my life, and love it still. Got a copy of "Kimono my house" on vinyl at a car boot a few years ago, now that is an album.
rockout.gif

I have always liked them (I think it's an age/era thing) and have this on CD, which is not as good as remember it on vinyl.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Loved it as a kid, have loved it throughout my life, and love it still ...

+1 :)

The late, great, Pete Ford - gentleman, raconteur, stilton connoisseur and a chap able to down a Gold Label in one, who was as-round-as-he-was-tall, ie, his waist was 5ft 10in - was the landlord of The Salutation Inn during the '60-'70s (when it was a 'pub pub', not a 'gastro pub').

Pete decreed that This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us was "not to be removed" from the Salutation's jukebox becuase it was the fave single of one of the (junior) regulars - ie, me :grin:

[Gazes skywards] Cheers, Pete :cheers:

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
My fav Sparks tune

slow version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hSldOricDE

fast version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_x2-rCFWI&feature=related (poor vid but the actual record sounds amazing through headphones)

edit...

Oh no , now I'm started .... lol

this is a fine tune as well : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Pvatys8vP3s

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Sparks are still well into there music they make music for the love of it great band if a little mad I was going to say excentric but like most big words I wasn't sure how to spell it:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The album came yesterday (Thursday) and there's a couple of good tracks but not taken by it... yet. I like challenging albums; some of my favourites - Jeff Buckley, Radiohead's 'The Bends', Nirvana... - have all taken a few listenings before thinking "that's a really good album/artist".

If I love an album immediately I generally get bored, fairly quickly, and it's archived away...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts