sounding harsh!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have just bought a roksan kandy mk111 cd player second hand. (i was previously using my denon dvd player for cd's). the improvement is very small, ok it is a bit more detailed, but its also tedious to listen to, void of any emotion. can anyone suggest where things are goin wrong?

A

Anonymous

monitor audio rs6 speakers, roksan kandy power amp, using a denon 3805 as the preamp, chord chameleon interconnects, chord carnival silver plus speaker cable.
i have listened to my mates arcam cd72 with this system and it was a much more enjoyable sound.

A

Anonymous

Try some copper cable instead of the silver your using, i tried qed silver anni bi wire for a while and tho the detail was there it was a very harsh listen.

Swapped back to bog standard qed original and all the warms came back + the detail.

That and arcam stuff is going to sound alot softer.

John Duncan

Bright to the power of four there - everything's adding up.

As MrB says, cable might soften it a bit, but it's the additive effect of your components to my mind - I would consider some more sympathetic loudspeakers if I were you - expense, yes, but it's the only way of sorting the problem definitively, IMO.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the response. i am happy with the speakers because i know they can produce a nice sound plus i have the full av kit, so i would have to change them all! i think the source is the problem, a mate has agreed for me to have an arcam cd73 with some van den hull i/c to see if this takes the harsh edge off things.
just listened to my denon 3910 again with the same i/c and cd's a it sounds far better to me, not as detailed but far more enjoyable to listen to!

on a side note, has anyone heard the Beresford TC-7510 DAC with the roksan cdp? i know the roksan's DAC is 18 bit, and the Beresford TC-7510 DAC is 24 bit. does that take the hard edge of the roksan?

TRENDING THREADS