Soundbars

mickeycomms

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I am looking to boost the sound of my current TV setup. . . . .However the wife will not tolerate either wires or 'johnny 5' speakers on stands (plus the room is an awkward shape.) My cunning plan is to buy a soundbar.

The one that seems to jump off the page is the Yamaha YSP40D for £799 at Superfi or Peter Tyson - but is there anything else out there as good (or better) for less (or the same price ?)

Are they anything like as good as a surround set up ?

The plan is to connect it to a Panasonic TXP42G15B, Sky HD and a sony dvd player via HDMI.

Any suggestions appreciated. . . . .

Thanks.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
The Yamaha is really good and is a doddle to setup and should work fine with your ancillaries. I would recommend a subwoofer to enhance the experience and mine is hidden under the coffee table. The soundbar also hosts a DAB Tuner and I have purchased the matching idock station that has it's own dedicated lead.

I have had mine for 10 months and am completely satisfied with its performance. Even my neighbour bought a YSP 600 but I would recommend you audition one if you can. There are cheaper alternatives but I cannot comment on their performance.

mickeycomms

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thanks Shado for your reply. . . . .do you know whether Yamaha do a 'matching' subwoofer ?

I think this is the path I will go down. . . . does seem expensive tho - and likely to surpass the cost of the tv. I will definitely go for an audition before I part with any cash.

Regards, Mickeycomms.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
They do 2......

YST - FSW 100 in Black, Silver and Piano Black surfaces

YST- FSW 50 not sure on the colour but is slightly cheaper than above.

Hope this helps.

Shado.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts