Sony Walkman choice the older NWZ-A728 or the newer Sony NWZS545?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can anyone tell me if the older Sony NWZ-A728 player would be a better buy than the newer Sony NWZS545? I like the new features on the NWZS545, but I am not sure if this model is a step down in audio quality compared to the A series Walkman. I know the older model is supplied with better headphones, and I also like the idea of an alloy construction.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Not something I can help you with directly, however... When I forst heard a Sony NWZ-S739F I gave my iPlayer away to a friends daughter. The supplied in ear transducers with the NWZ-S739F were better than many Sennheiser equivalents I have. Do not get me wrong, I have been a Sennheiser fan since they brought out the HD-414 masterpieces in 1968! Sorry it does not answer your query...
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply

I have some of the cheaper Sennheiser headphones on my old cheapo 2GB player and they are great, I tried a few other makes and they just sound poor in comparison.

Still not sure how these players compare though.....

matthewpiano

The audio quality hasn't dropped at all. I have an older NWZ-A818 which I love, but the newer ones are every bit as good. The only thing that I would do if buying one of the new models would be to buy some better earphones. The packaged ones are pretty basic now.

I wouldn't bother with the S series though, personally. The new E-series ones are just as good but without the (poor) built in speakers and they feel a bit more solid to me. With the current double your memory promotion you should be able to pick up a 16GB E-series for the price of an 8GB, leaving money left over for a decent pair of EX series earphones.

Alternatively look at the flagship NWZ-X1050 (16GB) or NWZ-X1060 (32GB) models. More expensive but they come with quality noise cancelling earphones and the sound quality is superb.

A

Anonymous

I still have an old Sony walkman WM-D6C cassette player laying somewhere in a cupboard ... won it as a 2nd prize at a works tennis tournament ... had excellent service from it

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
I still have an nw-a808 and i love it (im still a sucker for sonys sonic stage software) love the sound it gives me.I use a pair of sony top end ex headphones cost me £69.99 minus staff discount,had them for 3 years sounds awesome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts