Sony TVs, Streaming Video and Qriocity

John Duncan

Just a bit of an open letter to Sony really - any plans for firmware upgrades that allow you to buffer content a bit better on Video content like Lovefilm and Qriocity? Happy to plug a USB stick in to add some storage space if need be...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You're an... nah, I'm just pandering to you now
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I should think it's not a problem in Japan. They don't have to put up with our "Broadband". They think we've all got 20 meg connections.

A

Anonymous

I have a solid 13meg connection and still have some buffering problems, on my PC.

Not sure if thats the same, hope I dont get it, on my new samsung as just updated all gigabit

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
JohnDuncan:And whilst this intra-forum banter is all very well, where is Eric with a solution, that's what I want to know?!?!?!

He'll be at the Bristol Show on February 25th for our next Sony Live Forum John - get your question in first!

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I think streaming in general still has to evolve a touch - it's fine with current tech for music and SD content but I find I can't stream HD video through the PS3 or X-Box due to stuttering. Even on the PC I notice the wireless USB stick provided by the ISP can overheat and stop working under fairly reasonable loads - I actually put a tweeter heatsink on it as Wireless was my only option for quite a while, switched to Homeplugs to resolve fully now.

At the end of the day it's quite a high data throughput and will always catch out the weakest link in the chain I guess. Newer devices will no doubt be more and more capable though.

A

Anonymous

I have a Sony KDL37EX403 Freeview HD TV with iPlayer, Qriocity etc access via the Sony USB wifi dongle, I also have a BDP-S570 which has built in wifi and 1GB memory, I have been meaning to compare streaming through both, must get around to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts