Sony STRDA2400ES - will this be UK spec?

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I've ordered a Sony STRDA2400ES for £389 delivered from Priceless Electronics. This is a good £30 cheaper than i've seen it elsewhere - is it likely that this isn't UK stock and will not be the UK spec?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
It's possible it might be a 'grey import' from mainland Europe, but there's no way of telling unless you've got the serial number and can check with Sony UK. What did Priceless say when you asked them? If you're planning to use it with Sky TV, then make sure it's one of the ones that's been modified to accept multichannel audio via the optical connection rather than HDMI.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If the retailer claims its a UK-sourced model, make sure it indicates as much on the paperwork it sends with the receiver.

Then, on receipt, you can check this with Sony UK - as AC says, using the serial number - and if it isn't as specified return it for a refund.

A

Anonymous

i think it will be ok as i got the same receiver from stone audio for 400 pounds plus delivery and they confirmed to me that they were all from sony UK so i would hope that 20 pounds cheaper would still be a UK model.

A

Anonymous

I got one from Play for £369 (June pre-order price) and its a UK model as far as I can tell - I reckon yours will be too.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Yup, Play are back down to £379 at the mo, maybe people are just being a bit more competitive on price now the unit is a bit more available?

TRENDING THREADS