Sony STR DH810 AV Amp

peter8171

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the above as part of a budget system to replace my current HCIAB (a Sony DAV DZ630). I find Sony equipment very simple to use so when I saw the review of this amp, I felt it would be a good centre to my budget system.

I've got one question about it though, in the review in What Hi Fi, it said that the amp could upconvert and upscale to 1080p all inputs. I've found some conflicting reports, so want to know before I buy, if I put non HDMI equipped devices into the component or video inputs of the amp will I only need to connect the amp to the TV with just 1 HDMI cable or will I have to connect it with each of the different connections I've put into the amp?

A definitive response would be appreciated so I can buy with confidence. I would go to a retailer and ask about this, but I don't have time at the moment to get to my nearest stockist unless I'm pretty certain that I'm going to get it.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I have a PS3 & DVD recorder connected via HDMI and a wii connected via component. I have 1 HDMI cable connected to the tv and they all work fine, so in short the answer to your question is, yes you'll just need 1 HDMI cable from the amp to the TV to view any devices connected to the amp. Hope this helps.

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Will this amp only output all to the HDMI or could you instead (if you didn't have HDMI) run all inputs out via Component?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Converted video signals aren't output from the component video outputs, only the HDMI, and the receiver can't downconvert HDMI inputs to component output.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts