sony sound racks?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi looking for otions for space saving sound and came across the sony sound racks. Just wondered if anyone out there had any info on how they perform as there doesnt appear to be much info in the way of reviews. I know they wont deliver a true surround sound experience but am just looking for an improvement on the tvs speakers.

matthewpiano

These racks are excellent for what they are. You are absolutely right that they don't compare with a proper surround sound set-up, but they do deliver an amazing depth of sound and do a pretty decent job at creating a surround effect in domestic rooms. I've sold these in fairly big numbers and always find that customers are very satisfied with them.

Yes, for the same money as an RHT-G900 (or RHT-G950, which is the forthcoming replacement) you can put together a decent 5.1 system, but the two products are catering for different markets. Given what you have said I think the Sony integrated stands are well worth a look.

A

Anonymous

well that is what i thought as well. i was looking at the rhtg 500 do u know if this is anygood aswell. And i take it u connect every thing through the sound rack. so does anyone know if this damages the picture quality when playing blue ray disks or is it unafected?

matthewpiano

Connect the blu-ray player directly to your TV using HDMI for the picture and use an optical or coaxial digital connection from the blu-ray to the stand for the sound. Always my favoured way of doing things because it keeps both signal paths as short as possible.

The G500 is still very decent but it doesn't decode full 5.1 like the G900 does.

A

Anonymous

good advice. doing it this way. will i hear he decoded hd audio? do u connect the tv to the speakers via HDMI

And how would u connect sky hd.

A

Anonymous

just read the specs on the 500 model and it says that if conected by hdmi only it outputs at 2, 5.1 and 7.1. but does anyone know if the picture will be comprimised by going through the sound system. Or does the sonys pass through of high definition 1080p x.v.colour and 24p let the blueray players picture un changed?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts