Sony Playstation Network (PSN) changing TOS to prevent collective actions

scene

News from the Beeb (and elsewhere) that Sony has amended the terms on PSN so that you have to waive any right to to collectively sue Sony over future security breaches, but have to try to resolve things on an individual binding basis with using an arbitrator chosen by Sony. Ouch.

You can opt out of this new TOS, but you have to by post within 30 days, to the relevant address in California... :silenced:

A

Anonymous

scene said:
News from the Beeb (and elsewhere) that Sony has amended the terms on PSN so that you have to waive any right to to collectively sue Sony over future security breaches, but have to try to resolve things on an individual binding basis with using an arbitrator chosen by Sony. Ouch.

You can opt out of this new TOS, but you have to by post within 30 days, to the relevant address in California... :silenced:

Sounds reasonable. I imagine it's aimed at US customers. Us brits are far too polite, even with the proliferation of adverts telling us it's a great idea.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Especailly as we don't have a direct equivalent of Class Action in this country. I agreed anyway - there were French teenagers online that neeeded shooting!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
I haven't seen you around for a while! Where have you been?

here n there
smiley-tongue-out.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts