Sony Micro Hifi and Speaker Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently own the following Sony micro hifi CMT-HX30 http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/hifi-system/sony-cmt-hx30/details/ and I want to upgrade its speakers with Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom. The problem lies in the speaker connectors used in the back panel

I can't seem to find such connectors anywhere, so I really don't know how I'm supposed to attach the speakers with the amplifier. Furthermore would such an upgrade have a noticeable effect? I've heard some people claiming that micro hifi amplifiers are customized for the specific speakers they come with and they sometimes don't match well with speaker upgrades.

matthewpiano

The only way you could do this would be to cut the existing cables and join new cable to them using plastic chocolate blocks.

Personally I wouldn't bother. Most of the Sony micro systems are intended to be used as a complete system and, whilst they are very good for what they are, the electronics really don't justify a speaker upgrade.

If you want to stick with a similar system but want an upgrade I'd look at the latest GigaJuke system, the NASE300, which combines CD player, DAB radio, Hard Drive, Walkman dock, and iPod dock with surprisingly decent speakers and a nice sense of scale to its delivery.

If you want to go more towards mixing and matching kit, look at the Onkyo and Denon systems which have conventional speaker terminals at the rear and are more suited to driving upgraded speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts