sony kdl40w4500 problems with motion blur?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
havin purchashed 3 different sony lcd sets in a year the 1st being the kdl40t3500 which was plagued with motion blur so i got rid, so then id seen a good offer with the kdl40x3500 which i new was the flagship model so thought it would be great how wrong was i, it was slightly better than the previous but not what i expected so i took the set back to the retailer and swapped for the new kdl40w4500 which goin on what hifis reviews was the bees knees even sayin about an improved motion flow system so i thought great this should be fine, well there has been an improvement on the others but i still have bluring issues on fast paced games especially when just in 720p even with the motion flow turned up full, 1080p is better but still noticable. ive read already about blurin issues on lcd tv sets but thought they would have sorted it out as tv sets progress and technology gets better but it seems to be slow progression at the moment which makes you mad when you are payin all this money out because they aint cheap, so now ive seen the new kdl40z4500 set which again has top reviews boasting 200hz motionflow which should be blur free but if i look on purchasing this set sometime will i still be dissapointed with the motionflow or is it goin to be the anwser to my long standing problems. does any one else suffer with motion flow problems???????

A

Anonymous

If the response time of an LCD panel is not low enough, you will get the blurring effect you are seeing. No amount of Motionflow, even at 200Hz, will reduce this.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried turning 'motion flow' OFF. Nearly every tv ive ever played with has looked better with ALL digital processing turned off (Noise reduction, contrast enhance etc)

A

Anonymous

No blurring whatsoever on my 40w4500, set ur motion flow to standard and all other enhancements off.

A

Anonymous

Are you comparing the Sony to other LCD panels or CRT ?

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
gster:havin purchashed 3 different sony lcd sets in a year the 1st being the kdl40t3500 which was plagued with motion blur so i got rid, so then id seen a good offer with the kdl40x3500 which i new was the flagship model so thought it would be great how wrong was i, it was slightly better than the previous but not what i expected so i took the set back to the retailer and swapped for the new kdl40w4500 which goin on what hifis reviews was the bees knees even sayin about an improved motion flow system so i thought great this should be fine, well there has been an improvement on the others but i still have bluring issues on fast paced games especially when just in 720p even with the motion flow turned up full, 1080p is better but still noticable. ive read already about blurin issues on lcd tv sets but thought they would have sorted it out as tv sets progress and technology gets better but it seems to be slow progression at the moment which makes you mad when you are payin all this money out because they aint cheap, so now ive seen the new kdl40z4500 set which again has top reviews boasting 200hz motionflow which should be blur free but if i look on purchasing this set sometime will i still be dissapointed with the motionflow or is it goin to be the anwser to my long standing problems. does any one else suffer with motion flow problems???????

I have no blurring on my KDL40W4500 with DVDs, Blu-rays, 360 or PS3, and that's with Motionflow set to minimum.

But I must say, my eyes started to go blurry reading that unformatted block of text!!!
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Im in a similar state as you.... bought panasonic blu-ray player, and Panasonic TX 37 LZD85 LCD tv, thinking it would be reat for Blu-ray and Sky HD, being full HD and 24p...... but as ive posted on here, motion blurring is awfull on blu-ray..... it hates any complicated backgrounds, like jungles or stripes...... Panasonic told me to turn 24p off at tv...... does improve motion problem, but in my eyes the blu-ray image does not look as good as it should.

TRENDING THREADS