Sony HTIS100 Set up with Sky+HD, XBox 360, Sony BDPs350

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
Whilst I am new to registering on this formm I have been looking on it for ages. I know this question has been asked so many times in different formats but I still cant seem to get my head around it.
I have the following equipment:~

Samsung 32" LCD True HD 1080p TV
Sky+HD Box
Sony BDPS350
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii

I am looking at surround sound and seem to have settled on the Sony HTIS100 as I dont need a complete all in 1 with a dvd or Blu Ray player as I have that. However there seems to be loads of conflicting reports about getting the 5.1 surround sound from the Sky Box and more importantly the Sony BDPS350

There are plenty of HDMI In's on the TV, and obviously on the HTIS100 but how would I connect all my gear to get the optimum sound?

Any help appreciated, I have been trying for ages but it just doesnt work.

Thanks in advance

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The HT-IS100 processes audio over HDMI. Have you bought it or not as I can't tell from your post?!!

Sky+HD can either be connected directly to the TV or via the amp using HDMI. The HDMI should be used for video only or 'queit' listening to the TV as Sky+HD only outputs stereo over HDMI, therefore a separate digital audio cable is required. If you have a new box (Samsung/Amstrad/Pace) you can use either digi-coax or optical. The original Thomson boxes have optical only. The setting remains the same though, ensure it is set to "DOLBY D" under optical output in the sound settings.

The BD player needs to be connected via HDMI to the amp and set to bitstream.

The Xbox360 will depend on the model you have. If it's HDMI, that is the only connection you need. If it's component/VGA (premium) you need to connect an optical cable to the amp and run the video cable direct to the TV.

The wii will connect direct to the TV for video and to the amp for audio only via the analogue phono cable. If you haven't bought the component video cable (and aren't using it for the Xbox360) I would recommend buying the official Nintendo component video cable (green/blue/red) as it offers a far better picture than the standard composite connection.

As you have Sky+HD I doubt you use the Freeview tuner much, so I wouldn't worry about connecting an audio cable to the amp from the TV. Just stick with the TV speakers for Freeview.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. I've just bought it so will try what you have suggested, from reading what you have put I think I know where I was going wrong, I'll give it a go and let you know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts