Sony free James Bond and Spiderman movies offer - no sign after 2 months!!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

Just after xmas I helped a friend of mine update all his gear and as he isn't tech minded he left it to me to sort it all out, on the list was a new tv, bluray player, freesat box and laptop. I got him the Sony 40HX853 BD player and BDPS790 bluray player and at the time the free Bond collection and Spiderman offers were running, he offered to give me the Bond collection as he's not a fan and as a thank you for sorting it all out for him so I filled in all the paperwork for him and just left him to sign it then sent it off via recorded delivery and it was signed for on 16th January...2 months on there is still no sign of any of the discs!

He has received the original receipt back and a letter saying they are experiening delays but that was a month ago now and after a call to the helpline he was told a technical issue was to blame but that the discs have been allocated and the application successful, does anyone have any idea what is going on with this offer?? Has anyone actually received the discs and if so how long did you have to wait?

Both of us are now finding the delay a joke to be quite frank so any info would be much appreciated, thank you :wall:

Slooper

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes, same here mate. I sent of my forms for both Bond and Spidey mid Jan and I too have had my receipts back and been told about the delay in processing orders. However, over on the AVForums some members who have also been waiting a couple of months have now started receiving theirs, so it looks as though Sony are starting to despatch the orders again. So fingers crossed, ours should be along shortly :grin:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the info Slooper much appreciated and it makes me feel better that i'm not alone here. I don't use AV forums myself although I do browse now again so it's good to hear some people have started to receive the sets, it does fill me with a little hope but the delay has been terrible and it would seem Sony just couldn't cope with demand i'm guessing.

Keep me posted if you receive your discs and I will do the same if I receive mine...fingers crossed they turn up soon but after all this time I remain dubious. If it gets to the 3 month mark then i've been thinking of reporting it to trading standards, can't think of any other action that can be taken apart from perhaps Watchdog or other parts of the media to publicise the issue. Very poor on Sonys part that's for sure :wall:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Slooper,

Update...all the discs arrived today in one go :bounce:

It's typical that just a few days after starting this thread they turn up but i'm very happy they have, the bond set is worth about £100 on it's own so it was well worth claiming and it's a lovely set too. Fingers crossed your discs turn up in the next few days but at least you now know they are being sent out so you should get them soon if you haven't already :pray:

Colmartin23

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
I got mine last Wednesday after also having to wait.

I got a letter the week before though saying that they having delays but that the discs would be there soon

Slooper

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Finally received my blu-rays this morning :grin:

I received the Bond boxset, spidey trilogy and Amazing Spiderman on blu-ray. I did get a letter included saying they has run out of the 3D version of Amazing Spiderman, so they sent the 2D version but also included 2 extra 3D blu-rays which were Harry Potter and the deathly hollows parts 1 and 2.

Been a good while coming, but the additional bonus is a nice touch, cheers Sony!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts