sony ericsonn charging issues ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive had these for a few years now , bar one nokia in between , i keep finding that after a few months , the charger starts playing up , when i plug it in it says charging , then unplugged , so i have to take out the charger and try again , sometimes 5 or 6 times before it stays charging , im just so used to using them i dont want to change , has anyone else found this to be a problem ??

A

Anonymous

I think charging problem generally arises from integrated circuit or cable fault so you should visit at sony ericsonn service center once.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:ive had these for a few years now , bar one nokia in between , i keep finding that after a few months , the charger starts playing up , when i plug it in it says charging , then unplugged , so i have to take out the charger and try again , sometimes 5 or 6 times before it stays charging , im just so used to using them i dont want to change , has anyone else found this to be a problem ??

Both my wife and mum have Sony Ericsson phones, and they always have a problem with the blummin' chargers! So yes, I've seen this happen, too.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Rechargeable batteries in general are a lot better than they were several years ago. Used to be a tendency for some of them to develop a 'memory' of some sort. They then indicated fully charged when in fact they weren't. Even when it says it needs recharging doesn't mean battery is flat, just not enough juice to power the phone.

I found that strapping a car sidelamp across the battery (couple of croc clips needed) to fully discharge it, then put it on recharge used to help. Might even have to do it a couple of times to try and remove its 'memory'.

Might be worth a try.

Rich.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
How clean is the charge connector on the phone? The Sony connectors have a nasty habit of getting gunked up causing intermittent charging faults. Try cleaning the connector with either some Isoproypl alcohol or contact cleaner with an old toothbrush. To be safe take the battery out before hand and give it a good few minutes after for the cleaning liquid to fully evaporate.

A

Anonymous

SpiceWeasel:How clean is the charge connector on the phone? The Sony connectors have a nasty habit of getting gunked up causing intermittent charging faults. Try cleaning the connector with either some Isoproypl alcohol or contact cleaner with an old toothbrush. To be safe take the battery out before hand and give it a good few minutes after for the cleaning liquid to fully evaporate.

cheers spiceweasel ill give that a go tmw
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS