Sony DAV-IS50 surround sound system and Sony Bravia TV issues (Virgin box also)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Long title...

Anyways. I have the above in one of our rooms (the DAV-IS50 is the rear wireless speaker version of the DAV-IS10 system) reviewed and well liked by the WHF team.

We've had the system plus the TV since Nov 2008; never any issues at all but now, for some reason, when we're watching a DVD, the TV flicks back to an AV channel on its own accord and turns the surround sound system onto the TV source instead of DVD.

This has started to happen since we had a new Virgin cable box fitted a few months back (not a V+ box) as it just died on us.

I've unplugged all the cables and re-plugged etc but it still does it.

Does anyone have an idea of why this happens? If I recall correctly i think the Virgin guy set the 'picture noise' settings differently.

Would it be worth re-setting the whole TV and surround system back to factory settings and set it all up again?

Cheers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew

Sorry forgot to say.

The V box is connected via Scart and the DVD/TV are connected via HDMI to HDMI port 1 (the Scart is on AV port 1 also)

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I suspect it's a Scart signalling glitch between the Virgin box and the TV, maybe when the Virgin box updates or starts a recording or just receives some signal down the cable, and this is being sent back as a command down the HDMI to the system, causing that to switch over, too.

The solution might be an HDMI link between the Virgin box (if it has an HDMI output) and the TV, which won't hopefully won't carry this signal. Or failing that, look in the TV and Virgin box menus for some way of turning off the automatic Scart switching.

Or even change the Scart or HDMI connections to the TV to other inputs, and see whether that cures it.

Sorry not to be much more help, but these control signals, and the way they interact, are something of a mystery wrapped in an enigma...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts