Sony DA1200ES with new ipod video, 120Gb.

jstigwood

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

Bought an Ipod for xmas and hooked it up to my AV Reciever, Sony DA1200ES through the front video/Audio RCA inputs.

The Audio is sooooooooo quiet! I had to turn it up to -15 for a good sound! This is from the headPhone port on the top to a Composite/Audio lead. Would I b better going from an Ipod dock? would i be better going into the cd input?

Thanks,

James 

A

Anonymous

Hi, tried it in most of the sockets a couple of months ago on my 1200ES the sound is quiet on all of them and also poor quality. Not yet tried it on my new amp but imagine problem will be the same. Not sure if a dock will make any difference though, hope someone responds to you if it is better with a dock.

jstigwood

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi HunKamatic,

Thanks for the tip... i was quite upset to hear how bad it actually was!!!! I wounder why!!! Almost seems a waste of time ripping all my CD's now to ITunes to be able to do it.

ÿWhy O Why !!!!!!ÿ

A

Anonymous

I connect using a monster iCable connected to the sa-cd component inputs on the back of the receiver and sounds good!

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Have you thought of something like this to bypass the iPods internal digital sound control?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts