Sony BDS 360 to Onkyo 605 settings

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
I have connected the above equipment with HDMI and tried to get DD HD audio but doesnt show anything but direct and some basic sound options. When using the Optical Audio output from the Player to the AV unit i can get DD and DTS (DTS not sounding as good in my opinion) but still to HD ellement showing on the front screen of the amp.

Anyone able to tell me what I am doing wrong as i am sure the review on here suggests that HDMI outputs "all sound formats".

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Assuming your amp will decode all formats including DD True HD, DTS HD and DTS MA...try setting the Sony like this;-

Go into settings - audio settings

audio output priority set to HDMI

audio HDMI set to AUTO

BD audio setting set to DIRECT

Dolby Digital set to DD (not pcm downmix)

DTS set to DTS (not DTS downmix

This is how my Sony is set up and my receiver sees and decodes all the relevant outputs. Be aware that on some BD discs, the default soundtracks are not always the HD ones. You have to select them.

A

Anonymous

davejberry:

Assuming your amp will decode all formats including DD True HD, DTS HD and DTS MA...try setting the Sony like this;-

It does. Good that you've put the settings for the Sony BDP-S360 here - great help to many with this blu-ray player.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

how is the bdp 360 getting on with the 605 amp. I have a 605 and had to take my bdp 360 back as it took ageeeesssss to handshake, if at all, so all i got was a flickering screen. setting above are right, it does make all the lights come on assuming set up the onkyo with the back surround speakers as present in the menu system.

A

Anonymous

I hope you returned the Sony for a Panasonic DMP-BD35/60/80? No hand-shaking issues whatsoever.

Sony blu-ray players even have hand-shaking issues with their own brand receivers - can't quite figure it why.

A

Anonymous

Afraid not, saw a sony dslr at a price too good to leave it so i bought that instead, but not keeping an eye for bd 80. Its disappointing really, they have had enough time to perfect compatibility given the long line of older models been and gone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts