sony 760 blu ray - hdmi output setting

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
thats what i'm trying to suss as mine goes through an upscaling amp and then 1080p projector and want to try to find which is best at upscaling but don't really want to have to constant change menu settings in the bd player for dvd or blu ray as sure to forget sometimes

scene

If you set the "Output Video Format" to whatever you want for DVD (576p, say) but set the "BD-ROM 1080/24p Output" to "On" would that sort the problem?

Edit: Scratch that - you get 480p output for Blu Ray
emotion-6.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd be pretty sure that the Auto setting is just talking to the device it's sending the signal to to find out what it can handle and then sending the maximum the display can handle. This is normal as the Auto setting is designed to make things easier for the average Joe.

Unfortunately this does mean if you want something else to upscale DVDs, you need to change the output each time you switch between this and Blu-Ray...

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure you're right, Professor. However, I don't find it takes long at all to change the output resolution - I have the previous model (BDP-S350) and send DVD at lower res for my Kuro to upscale.

TRENDING THREADS