Sony 37EX403

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
My sister-in-law is looking for a new TV for the kitchen in her new house. Im not so clued up on smaller sizes but had seen this Sony for about £520. It's FreeviewHD and has all the modern wifi/DNLA features.

Is this a decent TV? Are there any others around that price that i should have a look at? With the features it's got it seems to be future proofed for everything bar 3D although that wouldn't be necessary for a kitchen.

In relation to the internet tv, iPlayer and C4OD arn't listed. Would future firmeware updates be able to add these if Sony wished? Is this likely?

If she wanted to go down the path of storing her music on a NAS can the TV connect to a NAS and play the music? What music file are supported?

matthewpiano

I've got this very TV and I'm very pleased with it indeed. It isn't always perfect on fast motion (you need the 100Hz EX503 for that) but it rarely causes any issues and the overall picture quality is excellent for the price point. Until a few weeks ago I worked for a Sony Centre and I chose the EX403 with confidence.

The Bravia Internet Video function updates itself automatically as Sony negotiates with further providers. At the point when I left the Sony Centre they were at advanced stages of negotiation for iPlayer, ITV Player and C4OD although there can obviously be no guarantees until everything is signed sealed and delivered.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:I've got this very TV and I'm very pleased with it indeed. It isn't always perfect on fast motion (you need the 100Hz EX503 for that) but it rarely causes any issues and the overall picture quality is excellent for the price point. Until a few weeks ago I worked for a Sony Centre and I chose the EX403 with confidence. The Bravia Internet Video function updates itself automatically as Sony negotiates with further providers. At the point when I left the Sony Centre they were at advanced stages of negotiation for iPlayer, ITV Player and C4OD although there can obviously be no guarantees until everything is signed sealed and delivered.

Hello Matt,

Could i be a little cheeky and ask why you left the sony centre, always seemed like a dream job to me if you are into your AV equipment? I've worked in retail myself so i know the downsides but i would have thought the Sony centre would be a good (albeit low payed) job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts