Sonos at a good price?

A

Anonymous

Scratch the above. Just looked around the site. Looks a bit suss. My money stays in the bank a little longer.

A

Anonymous

NSYGrinner:Scratch the above. Just looked around the site. Looks a bit suss. My money stays in the bank a little longer.

Good call, no tel number no company details ect..

scene

You might want to go over to superfi.co.uk - they have an internet only offer for the Sonos BU250 bundle of £719.95 - click -
emotion-1.gif

OK, it's open box - but Superfi are a nice respectable reliable company.

A

Anonymous

scene:You might want to go over to superfi.co.uk - they have an internet only offer for the Sonos BU250 bundle of £719.95 - click -
emotion-1.gif
OK, it's open box - but Superfi are a nice respectable reliable company.

Thanks Scene. Funny enough I've just changed tabs from that page to look back at this thread. I might go for the C% though. Richer Sounds are showing the bundles at £769 on the VIP mail shot. Leeds don't seem to have any in stock though.

A

Anonymous

Hi All

First off an introduction.

I'm Simon the owner of AV Excellence, I've come across this thread today and just thought I'd leave a quick note.

We are new to online retailing, our site isn't perfect yet but were learning every day.

The 'about us' page is updated

EDITED BY MODS for House Rules violation

We are a UK Limited company and VAT registered.

As can be seen on our site, we only take payment at present by Google Checkout. The reason we chose this is due to the fact it provides excellent buyer protection, so your money is always safe, although I can assure you there is nothing to worry about. We are currently looking to include Paypal and SagePay as options for our customers and hopefully they will be integrated into the shop before too long.

If you have any specific questions then please feel free to email, PM, phone or indeed add to this thread.

Regards Simon

AV Excellence

A

Anonymous

Hi Laserman

That is indeed strange, I've never had any warning flagged about the site and not had any reports about this from anyone else.

Can you please supply me more details, maybe a screen grab of the message so I can investigate.

The site is hosted by a reputable UK provider and has SSL certification. I will forward the details on to my hosting provider when you send them through and see if they can shed any light.

I submitted the site for testing with McAfee a short while ago but it is currently queued, I am not aware how long this process takes but I'm guessing they are very busy. I have just this minute re-submitted it again, hopefully a few requests will help bump it up the queue.

If anyone else is coming across this problem then please do let me know.

It may be helpful to list the browser being used, the antivirus and antispyware software. The site has been tested with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome along with McAfee and Bullguard anti-virus software from many different computers and I've never seen any of these flag up any warnings at all.

I do appreciate the feedback guys, positive and negative

We do have a Facebook page where you can keep up to date on news and offers and provides further information about us, I'm trying to link it to the shop as we speak.

LINK REMOVED BY MODS - House Rules

A

Anonymous

AV Excellence:

Hi Laserman

That is indeed strange, I've never had any warning flagged about the site and not had any reports about this from anyone else.

Can you please supply me more details, maybe a screen grab of the message so I can investigate.

The site is hosted by a reputable UK provider and has SSL certification. I will forward the details on to my hosting provider when you send them through and see if they can shed any light.

I submitted the site for testing with McAfee a short while ago but it is currently queued, I am not aware how long this process takes but I'm guessing they are very busy. I have just this minute re-submitted it again, hopefully a few requests will help bump it up the queue.

It may be helpful to list the browser being used, the antivirus and antispyware software. The site has been tested with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome along with McAfee and Bullguard anti-virus software from many different computers and I've never seen any of these flag up any warnings at all.

We do have a Facebook page where you can keep up to date on news and offers and provides further information about us, I'm trying to link it to the shop as we speak.

you dont put any address details, no tel numbers, you are selling Expensive hi-fi stuff, what happens if I have a problem, I need to email you? Very bad customer service and would recomend everyone stay away.

Anyone can have a facebook page

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

The Contact Us page is something I have been trying to amend this morning to include all contact details and a live link display to Google Maps. It's proving far more complicated than I expected, please bear with me.
EDITED BY MODS for House Rules violations

Customer service is something that I am very focused on, I too have had my fingers burnt by dodgy online retailers so I fully understand your concerns. I can only apologise that this information was not added sooner.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
User AV Excellence Signature and Bio amended to comply with House Rules. Please read House Rules re linking in posts:

9) Manufacturers, retailers, service providers and their staff are required to identify themselves as such in their signature. Any additional information - such as the telephone number, email and website address of the company - should be put in the user's profile, where retailers must also list all the brands they stock. 'Trade' members of the forum failing to meet these conditions will be removed, as will those the moderators suspect to be trade members posting under an alias.

10) The site must not be used to solicit business of any kind - this includes any information in signatures and biographies, and specifically prohibits trade users from linking within forum posts to their websites, special offers, etc.. Neither shall trade members use the forums to encourage members to contact them for special offers or advantageous pricing. Whathifi.com offers a range of advertising opportunities that can be used to promote relevant products and services - click on Contact Us for more information.

A

Anonymous

Nice to see.

A company that takes on concerns, and then takes action straight away.

I probably wont have a problem buying from them now.

emotion-21.gif

Just noticed they are a stones throw from my house. Too bad they dont sell MA stuff or home av amps ect.

A

Anonymous

Apologies Andrew,

I included the links to show that I had indeed added the information I had stated. Many thanks for editing my Signature and Bio, I will put more time into that another day.

Dave, thanks for your positive comments.

I have now managed to add all our details to the Contact Us page. There will be some fine tuning but for now the information is present, I'm much happier.

I'm not a web designer so all this stuff does take time and a lot of thought. Thanks to everyone who has so far voiced their concerns and opinions.

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Nice to see.

emotion-21.gif

Cheers for the positive comments, its appreciated.

canada16:

Just noticed they are a stones throw from my house. Too bad they dont sell MA stuff or home av amps ect.

Our range of products will get bigger I promise!
emotion-1.gif

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
AV Excellence:

Hi Laserman

LINK REMOVED BY MODS - House Rules

Hi Simon. Have emailed a screen grab for you. Worth noting that I have my security settings high and the concerns raised seem to be low priority.

It was not my intention to put people off your site but rather highlight what was happening to me personally on my computer.

Laserman

A

Anonymous

Hi Laserman

Thanks for sending the screen grab, I have sent an email to Check Point to see if there is anything that can be done to increase their confidence in the site, it seems it's due to the shop being very new so they have little history to analyse which is fair enough.

Thanks again for highlighting the issue.

A

Anonymous

AV Excellence:canada16:
Nice to see.

emotion-21.gif

Cheers for the positive comments, its appreciated.

canada16:

Our range of products will get bigger I promise!
emotion-1.gif

Will keep an eye out
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Simon: Sorry if my initial posts caused you concern. You came up on a google shopping search as the cheapest seller. then your lack of details didn't inspire confidence. The way things seem to be turning out it could have done you some favours.

I'm currently investigating a Sonos set up now I'm happy with my tv purchase. So keep an eye on your site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts