Songs for this time of year. . .

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Songs for this time of year, some obvious ones and some less so; all of these somehow capture the existential gloom and joy of the festive season. At least they do in my atheist world. 1) Xmas Time Is Here Again - My Morning Jacket 2) Waiting For Superman - The Flaming Lips. 3) Christmas Is A Joyful Day - Lord Executor 4) Jingle Bells - Frank Sinatra 5) Fairytale - Pogues & Kirsty 6) Just Like Christmas - Low

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Today's playlist (helping me run in a new seasonal system) has included:

Nat and Dean at Christmas

The Rat Pack Christmas Album

A Christmas Gift for you from Phil Spector

and, not forgetting, of course

Christmas Peace by Elvis Presley (the remastered version: stunning production).

A

Anonymous

Chris Cornell does a great version of Ave Maria. My wife can't stop playing it this time of year.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]Nat and Dean at Christmas[/quote]

I've got a great album on vinyl of Nat King Cole singing in spanish, and although they aren't festive songs his voice is quintessentially Christmassy. It beats The Frog Chorus anyway.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]Christmas Peace by Elvis Presley (the remastered version: stunning production).[/quote]

Snap!

Slade is next :)

A

Anonymous

Jim Reeves on vinyl. It was a Christmas tradition at my parents home to play this on our Thorens turntable. Will never forget it- always when I hear Jim Reeves singing I get that Christmas feeling (not sentimental!)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Charlie Jefferson"]Ahh, yes. The image of little Rufus in green and red crushed velvet shorts comes inexplicably to mind when I play this. Is that so wrong of me?[/quote]

No, just deeply weird!

TRENDING THREADS