Something wrong with certain tidal MQA tracks?

Malamus

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys and gals

I recently noticed when playing Empire State of mind MQA via tidal there is a nasty and obvious “crackle”, this crackle is not audible on the cd version via tidal or if I play MQA on headphones via Mac.

This crackle is also audible on other tidal MQA tracks that jay-z produces for emenem and Rihanna to name a few to such an extent that I have to skip tracks for fear of ruining my speakers.

Im not an audiophile, but I am a visual artist, so I can only describe the crackle as over sharpened.

Please could you listen to the aforementioned tracks via your awesome hifi’s and let me know if you also here the awful “crackle”

thanks

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Malamus said:
Hi guys and gals

I recently noticed when playing Empire State of mind MQA via tidal there is a nasty and obvious “crackle”, this crackle is not audible on the cd version via tidal or if I play MQA on headphones via Mac.

This crackle is also audible on other tidal MQA tracks that jay-z produces for emenem and Rihanna to name a few to such an extent that I have to skip tracks for fear of ruining my speakers.

Im not an audiophile, but I am a visual artist, so I can only describe the crackle as over sharpened.

Please could you listen to the aforementioned tracks via your awesome hifi’s and let me know if you also here the awful “crackle”

thanks

I have heard exactly the same - I thought it was me.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Malamus said:
Hi guys and gals

thanks

How are you playing these tracks? I had the same problem using JRiver and they admit there is a problem, stopped using JRiver and did not any more problems but did not try those tracks. So it could be a software issue, I don't use a Mac either. Don't have Tidal at the moment as the trial finished.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts