Some PMC love....

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Quick fanboy post about PMC. I've been an audiophile for decades. Before I discovered PMC speakers I purchased speakers about every 6 months for years. I've owned probably 25 different pairs easily. Then I bought my first pair of PMCs and I stopped buying speakers. Full stop, no more speaker lust. I've owned speakers that, with the perfect album playing could make your jaw drop. But it had to be just the right material to sound amazing. Then I've owned speakers that were better all arounders with a nice warm tone, but they lacked detail and didn't have any wow factor even with great material. PMC is the only speaker I've ever owned that can somehow magically sound supremely detailed with stunning clarity AND never sound strident or unbalanced. And they have deep bass that remains tight and clean even during the most demanding music. They somehow always sound balanced, full and deep, yet clean and detailed. They don't sound best with just one genre, they excel at everything and deliver all my music in the most sastifying and enjoyable way. They are simply put...magic. At least for me. Pics of my PMCs below...

27652939109_b0c532b963_b.jpg

39399824992_e696ca5e5c_b.jpg

27167433809_0243ceaf4e_b.jpg

25073332668_505a35bfeb_b.jpg

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Praise indeed. I'm looking forward to hearing some for the first time in the coming weeks. I think my dyns are Def all rounders. They sound great, and are clearly a step into the hifi world, but they are clearly lacking a bit of bite, and I guess thats clarity. I'm going to be ooking at the twenty 5 22. I'd like to hear the 23's too. Going to be comparing them with ATC svm19 and the revel concerta M2 16.

Sweet!

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Your main set up is lovely, clean and simple (as too is your second which I've commented on in a previous post). I see you have a kef centre speaker - how does this integrate with the Facts?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Jaxwired - Very nice indeed. I did pose the question earlier if hi Fi is sexy, not saying I didn’t think so. But I’m with you on pmc but more so your sense of interior design. I love the way you’ve done both rooms. The green looks lovely. Please come round and help me decorate my place! I think if you put hi Fi in a room which is well decorated like yours, especially floorstanders, it really sets the room off.

I’m also with you with pmc as multiple pmc owner myself. I think it’s one of those moments like when you buy a car brand you stick too. Pmc does so do detail and balance in the same token I agree, and if you want more detail I’d recommend the twenty5 series as I know lots going for that rather than fact now. I bought 25-23 and am extremely happy. It’s staying for some time! Happy listening Simon.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Kubs said:
Your main set up is lovely, clean and simple (as too is your second which I've commented on in a previous post). I see you have a kef centre speaker - how does this integrate with the Facts?

Hi Kubs,

They don't integrate. I have two seprate systems in this room. I have the KEF Egg 5.1 speakers attached to the walls and powered by a marantz home theater amp hidden in the cabinet. Then I have the 2 channel stereo system which consists of the Devialet D200 and the Fact 8s. One for music, the other for home cinema. : )

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Your setup is super sexy :)

I must also add that you have a great sense of style. I love that minimalist approach to interiors too :)

Happy listening

Thank you. Actually just repainted the room with the Fact 8s and have a bit more to do. The paint I had before in here I hated the day after I finished painting. But it took me a couple years to work up the energy to repaint. This chocolate brown works much better than the old color IMO. If your intersted I will post some pics of the room when it's completely finished.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
jaxwired said:
newlash09 said:
Your setup is super sexy :)

I must also add that you have a great sense of style. I love that minimalist approach to interiors too :)

Happy listening

Thank you. Actually just repainted the room with the Fact 8s and have a bit more to do. The paint I had before in here I hated the day after I finished painting. But it took me a couple years to work up the energy to repaint. This chocolate brown works much better than the old color IMO. If your intersted I will post some pics of the room when it's completely finished.

Would love to see more pics of your setup, once your done. Thanks :)

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

How did the pictures you put on get put in op. I still can’t really do it except for posting links.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
How did the pictures you put on get put in op. I still can’t really do it except for posting links.

If you get a photobucket account (or similar) then you can post links so that the photos display in your post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts