Some Dacmagic Questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So if I get a Dacmagic, I can have, at the same time, my Topfield PVR going through it, my Squeezebox Duet (in the future), and my computer?

I just need to get clear on a few things.

If I connect my Topfield to it does that mean I will be able to have a DVD thats connected to the Topfield playing through the DAC? In other words digital tv/radio, DVD playback and programmed recorded on Topfield all playing through the DAC with just one connection between Topfield and DAC.

What connection is it between the Topfield and DAC?

If I want to watch Youtube and other things on the computer with the sound going through the DAC then I need a USB connection? Or can you watch Youtube and have the sound come through the DAC using the Squeezebox duet?

A

Anonymous

Catcher:So if I get a Dacmagic, I can have, at the same time, my Topfield PVR going through it, my Squeezebox Duet (in the future), and my computer?

I just need to get clear on a few things.

If I connect my Topfield to it does that mean I will be able to have a DVD thats connected to the Topfield playing through the DAC? In other words digital tv/radio, DVD playback and programmed recorded on Topfield all playing through the DAC with just one connection between Topfield and DAC.

What connection is it between the Topfield and DAC?

If I want to watch Youtube and other things on the computer with the sound going through the DAC then I need a USB connection? Or can you watch Youtube and have the sound come through the DAC using the Squeezebox duet?
I think you can do all these things but am not absolutely sure. Another way of thinking about your question is: what do you want to connect to the DAC? if it has USB, an optical and/or coaxial stereo output than you can connect it and listen to it via a DAC.

A

Anonymous

The Dacmagic has three inputs (these are all digital so the equipment you connect to it has to have digital outputs).

The inputs are USB, digital 1 and digital 2. D1 and D2 can be either coaxial or optical.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve but the Dacmagic will only output an analogue signal (to your amp) from one source at a time - there is a switch to select between USB, D1 and D2.

If you want to listen to youtube then yes you will need a USB connection and cable. Unless your PC has a digital output.

I may be wrong but I don't think you can play the youtube audio through Squeezebox - but does this matter - the squeezebox is there to stream music from your PC not watch youtube.

Clear as mud.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses.

It matters in so much as the squeezebox doesn't just stream music, it streams listen again features on the BBCi player, internet radio AND streams music, so I was wondering if it was possible to stream audio from other internet sources.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts