Small issue with mounting brackets

jwal90

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all - have a dilemma I'm hoping you may be able to assist with - I'll make it as quick as possible.

Recently had my living room re-rendered/plastered and thought it would be a good idea to hide my speaker wire behind the wall in trunking. I bought myself some universal wall-mounts off the interwebs that fit my current 5.1 system. Thought all of this was a brilliant idea until I attempted to install the brackets.

The mounting plate requires 2 screws in the wall in a vertical line with a hole between them for the speaker wire to come through. I can put the first screw in the wall as it's above where the speaker wire comes out the wall, however I can’t screw in the bottom as I'll go through the wire behind the wall.

Was thinking maybe fixing some wood to the wall and mounting the bracket onto that? Trying to think of the most aesthetically pleasing option to keep the Mrs happy, would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jon

jwal90

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It is possible but then the wire will be exposed unless I chipped some of the plaster away, chased it to the side, buried it then put the mount in. That might be the best option

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts