Sky without a second box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey is this possible without running co-ax all the way upstairs. and using a magic eye?

Some guy that bought my TV said something about some kind of sender that he said worked flawlessly.

But last sender I saw at my mates was terrible it kept breaking up

Any thoughts on this

A

Anonymous

A wireless sender works but the one I had suffered from interference from microwave ovens and other wireless devices such as laptops and wireless routers ( including the neighbours ) which made it pretty much unusable.

I would recommend a wired solution unless newer ones are no longer prone to wireless interference.

daveh75

As Mr M says video senders tend to suffer from interference, plus HD/HDMI versions are still prohibitively expensive (if you're after HD quality on the second set)

A wired solution is better, though i personally wouldn't go the coax/magic eye route, PQ is poor and you only get mono sound.I would suggest using either scart over cat5/6 or HDMI over cat5/6 baluns/extenders instead.

A

Anonymous

Dave how would you change the channel with your method?

Also my cable would need to run 30meters.

Thanks

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I have tried 3 senders - the last one is quite good (5.6GHz). They can be variable but worth a try for a bedroom set. (No HD and not sure if its mono). The magic eye works ok. and i use wireless remotes to turn the mains on/off.

daveh75

canada16:
Dave how would you change the channel with your method?

Also my cable would need to run 30meters.

Thanks

Some of the scart/HDMI over cat5 extenders come with IR receiver/transmitters built in, but failing that just by a wireless remote extender like Marmitek powermids for example, or run a coax as well as the cat5 and just use amagic eye to change channels...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts