Sky Sports

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
If the recommendation of the Advocat General that the Portsmouth Pub Landlady was within her rights to show the Greek service of Premier league matches(Which cost her a lot less than Sky)is adopted by the European Court of Justice, what effect do you guys think this will have on Sky Sports?

daveh75

It wont lead to cheaper sports subscriptions!!! It will just mean the end of cheap foreign subscriptions.

Sky and a maybe a couple of other bigger European broadcasters will just buy up Pan-European rights and freeze out the smaller European broadcasters .

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:
It wont lead to cheaper sports subscriptions!!! It will just mean the end of cheap foreign subscriptions.

Sky and a maybe a couple of other bigger European broadcasters will just buy up Pan-European rights and freeze out the smaller European broadcasters .

I just read Clare's link to the story... hopefully Sky do not get to 'buy-up' everything .... competition is good, hopefully healthy and can only lead to joe public getting a fairer deal.... here's hoping.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
in theory its good.but since the premiership was broken up it now costs me more.

i used to pay £50. a year(season ticket) for my extra games on top of my sky sports package now its more like £120 espn subscription for the year
emotion-12.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
What I don't understand is that if Sky and ESPN have bought up all the football rights, why is it on so many Saturday's at 3pm you won't find a single game being broadcast?

daveh75

the_lhc:What I don't understand is that if Sky and ESPN have bought up all the football rights, why is it on so many Saturday's at 3pm you won't find a single game being broadcast?

Because the FA, EPL, etc forbid 3pms being broadcast in the UK, in the belief that allowing them to be shown would affect attendance.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
But surely there are loads of internet sites that allow access to the football (and Sky games) regularly ?? (Not great quality admitedly but it is free ??!!)

Or are these illegal also ?

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Red Dragon:

But surely there are loads of internet sites that allow access to the football (and Sky games) regularly ?? (Not great quality admitedly but it is free ??!!)

thats content theft.and anyone who uses those sites pushes up the prices for those of us who pay.

who knows what thay fund two.i read some very disturbing stuff once about the pirate dvds that people buy and were the money goes.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
nodnarb4444:Red Dragon:

thats content theft.and anyone who uses those sites pushes up the prices for those of us who pay.

who knows what thay fund two.i read some very disturbing stuff once about the pirate dvds that people buy and were the money goes.

Let's not pretend they don't exist and no-one on here uses them to watch live games, or for that matter ever uses Piratebay to download music either..and since when is this funding anything illegal when you're not handing over any money ??!!

TRENDING THREADS