sky plus to sky hd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just phoned sky and asked about upgrading to hd from sky plus. i told them that the £60 installation fee was a ripp off as all they have to do is to remove one box and replace it with another. he told me that i would need an additional 2 cables from the dish making it 4 in total. i think he is wrong. can anyone tell me if i am correct.

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
When my Sky HD was installed (replacing a Sky+ box) the installer just disconnected the old box, connected the new HD box and rang Sky to get them to activate the viewing card in the HD box.

As far as I know you do not need 4 cables from the dish unless you have Sky multiroom.
My HD box only has 2 cables from the dish connected to it.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I have to admit, this is something that annoys me about Sky from various recent posts on this forum - they seem to have no idea about keeping customers once they have them. It reminds me of upgrading your mobile phone a few years ago. Nowadays, you can get pretty much any phone you want every year, as long as it's available for free for new customers. A few years back though, I remember my friend being told he had to pay £200 for the new phone he wanted, at which point he said he'd just switch to another operator as he could get it free there as a new customer. After about 20 mins of conversation and a switch to the "head" of customer services, he then had that phone on his way for free.
The problem with Sky is, there's no real competition to switch to at the moment until Freesat really starts to offer some incentives (e.g. football / boxing / Lost or Heroes style TV exclusives). Until then, you either have to pay their ridiculous £60 connection fee as an existing customer or leave and no longer get those programs you want to see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts