grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Just had Sky HD installed yesterday and I'm very impressed! One issue is the quality of the 'free' HDMI cable that is included in installation, it appears to be a cheap, no name thing which I'm sure is not worth keeping? Any advice regarding a new HDMI cable would be appreciated! I've just upgraded all of my home cinema and I'm using a 50 inch Sony Bravia TV.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd probably go for the QED HDMI-P (though not the 7m one obviously unless you need that length!) or the Cambridge Audio HDMI lead if I was in your position, though you may equally find a £5 unbranded jobbie is just as good for you - only way to tell is try and find out.

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:Just had Sky HD installed yesterday and I'm very impressed! One issue is the quality of the 'free' HDMI cable that is included in installation, it appears to be a cheap, no name thing which I'm sure is not worth keeping? Any advice regarding a new HDMI cable would be appreciated! I've just upgraded all of my home cinema and I'm using a 50 inch Sony Bravia TV.

This is where, in my opinion people for no good reason will go out a waste their money on more cable.

You've said you're impressed by the HD quality...surely that answers your question....so why bother about spending more money on an HDMI cable......The cable you have is DIGITAL after all and in my opinion all HDMI cables up to £50 are about the same...Keep you money in your pocket....No need to fork out on another cable....I had a generic HDMI cable come with my FREESAT HD Box....result lovely picture on the HD channels and impressive also on some of the Standard Definition channels transmitted at 576i too......to name but a few BBC1, ITV3, BBC3 and BBC4....

Saw the first 15 minutes a few nights ago of some awful film called EUROTRIP purley because I was very impressed by the transmission of picture quality which I found hard to differentiate between my Upsacled DVD of The Untouchables I hard been watching earlier and the TV Film I've just mentioned

Just wish all Standard Definition TV programme transmissions were as clear as this which only goes to prove the point they can be....Pity the broadcasters can see that

A

Anonymous

I agree with you about the poor quality of some of the broadcasters. ITV are a disgrace for the poor picture quality.

As a matter of interest, are you pleased with freesat? Did you keep a Sky dish, or have to get a new dish? I am interested because I am thinking of cancelling Sky and buying freesat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts