SKY+ HD - improved SD quality?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

The picture I get from my current Sky+ box on my Sony 32W4000 isn't very good. If I changed my box to Sky+ HD am I likely to see an improved SD picture or will it be very much the same as my existing Sky+ box. I'll probably swap anyway so I can get the benefits of the HD channels - but would be good to know if it improved SD channels as well.

A

Anonymous

The improved sd quality was the main reason I got an HD box. I found that the Sky+ box picture was very blocky and pixellated when displayed on my 46" 1080p screen and having seen a friends HD box displaying SD pictures I fairly quickly upgraded to HD.

A

Anonymous

that's very encouraging. Are you now pleased with the quality you get on SD broadcasts now? Having been amazed at the blu-ray quality I get from my PS3 the sky picture is a disappointment.

A

Anonymous

In most cases yes. There are some channels which still look pretty bad (eg Motors TV) but on the whole most of the SD channels are very good, certainly an improvement on the Sky+. To be honest, a lot of the time from a normal viewing distance there isn't a huge difference between SD and HD (on some of the movie channels for instance)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Davey23:In most cases yes. There are some channels which still look pretty bad (eg Motors TV) but on the whole most of the SD channels are very good, certainly an improvement on the Sky+. To be honest, a lot of the time from a normal viewing distance there isn't a huge difference between SD and HD (on some of the movie channels for instance)

I disagree with that last point. The HD picture on my screen is clearly better. Some SD channels are surprisingly good. Overall though it's so much better than Sky +.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts