Sky+ HD connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having Sky+ HD installed on Saturday. Are there any suggestions for hooking up the receiver to my Denon 2310 amp and Philips 9664 TV in order to obtain optimum sound and vision?

Cheers

LL

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
HDMI from Sky+HD to the receiver, and then HDMI to the TV - or, if you prefer, HDMI straight from the Sky+HD box to the TV.

Optical audio cable from Sky+HD box to receiver.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.

Any pros or cons between HDMI through the Denon or straight to the TV?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Pros of straight to TV? Some think they can detect a marginal improvement in quality thanks to just one cable rather than two.

Pros of via receiver? You get one-button switching of sound and vision, and if you have other sources - DVD or Blu-ray, for example - you only need one cable from the 'system' to the TV.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
HDMI from Sky+HD to the receiver, and then HDMI to the TV - or, if you prefer, HDMI straight from the Sky+HD box to the TV.

Optical audio cable from Sky+HD box to receiver.

I guess that would apply to the Pioneer SC=LX82 too Andrew?

A

Anonymous

Thank you
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I have the same query. I am currently getting sound from the Onkyo using just HDMI from Sky HD to Onkyo, then HDMI from Onkyo to TV.

I have an optical cable but I'm unsure where to connect it on the Onkyo, there are two optical connections on its rear, 1. Game/TV and 2. CD. Can anyone clarify which one I should use?

Thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Either, but you then need to go into the menus and assign that digital audio input to whichever video input - I assume CBL/SAT - you have the Sky+HD's HDMI connected to.

Which Onkyo is it?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Andrew and sorry for the slow response, I have been out the country with work.

It is a TX-SR605. I have tried as you suggested and it works fine now although there seems to be a greater delay when switching between inputs. No big deal though.

Just have to sort out the video input on my Onkyo ND-S1!

Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

I currently have my SKY HD to the amp via HDMI and an optical cable and then HDMI to the TV. However, whenever I switch the amp off I lose sound and picture. How can I also get sound and vision when the amp is switched off?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts