Silver Anniversary XT a tad lean?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As the other thread states I am looking at other speaker cable and of course came across this award winner but I am a bit puzzled as to how this can be the three times award winner and yet sound a tad lean? surely the bass sounding lean creates an imbalance in the sound, particularly if the speaker is meant to kick out deep bass.

A

Anonymous

If WHF had an award for highest number of threads started within 2 weeks you'd certainly lead the nominations!

Just switch to Chord and problem solved :)

A

Anonymous

Although the SA XT doesn't suit many (including me) it can be matched with overly warm systems to bring out a little excitement, though I don't think it's worth five stars personally for the reason that it can be so easily hated, as you say.

A

Anonymous

Not for everyone, i tried and did not like it, i wanted more bass depth, I rate Gale XL315 over anniversary XT

A

Anonymous

Find it works well with my MA RS8 AV system.

Detailed, open and revealing. Bass is well defined.
See where others are coming from though as on systems needing a little warmth injected into it it could sound a tad brittle.

Shows how important speaker cable matching up is to fine tune the music to ones ears!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
I love it. Loads of detail.

ÿ

Agreed. I think that the S.A is ideal for Arcam systems. Arcam can be warm, S.A can be lean. Combine the two, audio utopia. The same applies to my Kimber Silver Streak I/Cs. My VDH 'The Bay' I/cs exacerbated the warmth of the Arcams and made things too sludgy.

:)

Slightly lean they may be, but they're fast, accurate, energetic and exciting.

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
ScottH:Not for everyone, i tried and did not like it, i wanted more bass depth, I rate Gale XL315 over anniversary XT

I upgraded from XL315 to QED SA XT and the extra detail is great. However it is a bit lean - definitely not warm! I am considering keeping the SA for HF and using a different cable for LF as my system is lacking in warmth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts