Shure SE115 or Sennheiser CX300

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Which should I go for? I can get the Shure's for around £40 (slightly damaged box, apparently). Would they be worth the extra? I already have a pair of CX300s - just want to have an extra pair.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I bought the sure's off ebay for about £40 from germany. The are good and have a range of in ear rubbers to help you get the right size and feel, but my ear started ringing loudly after using them at a mid volume on my ipod. I then read in the instructions that because they are better quality you should listen at lower levels and if you get a ringing then stop using them... scared to use them now. But that could just be me after jamming in bands for many years in small loud rehearsal spaces.

They seem fairly weighty and fall out of my ears easily, and if you knock the cable it picks it up. They were rated highly but I'm not that fussed to be honest.

A

Anonymous

Having owned the CX300's (which are great but transmit a lot of noise when running) I have just taken delivery of a pair of Shure SE115 - the difference is outstanding. The SE115's sound clearer and I hear notes that I hadn't really noticed before - I think the SE115's are amazing and would recommend them. That said the CX300's are still an excellent paid of earphones - I recently bought a paid from Play.com (not the CX300II's) for £6.99 - hard to argue with value like that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts