Should I Return My Onkyo 705?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im having major AV sync problems with my new onkyo 705 amp. Having researched a little more it seems a common problem with Onkyo lower end amps and im wondering if i should return the amp to swap for something else.

My issue is that even with the AV Sync set to 0ms the video both with dvd's, blueray and streamed media appears slightly ahead of the sound.

This is on my PS3 sending the audio as PCM over the HDMI cable. Audio From my Sky HD box via optical can by synced just fine.

Im not sure what to try it does seem a lot of people return this amp for the same reason ive mentioned. I like this amp a lot and i would be reluctant to return it so I hope someone can suggest some ideas that i can try to remedy this audio lag.

A

Anonymous

Try an optical cable? i have a 505 and i used to get lip sync problems when i had the dvd player going into the projector and the audio going into a stereo amp, but since having dvd into 505 (component for video and digital coax for audio) and then to the projector have had no problems at all.

A

Anonymous

hi, yeah its fine with optical. but optical is compressed audio so all that lovely Blueray Audio wouldnt be used

Sliced Bread

I don't think optical has enough bandwidth to pass 5.1 channels of PCM, and definitely will not be able to carry HD sound formats when the PS3 finally gets the firmware upgrade to do so. I'd look for another solution.

A

Anonymous

Try increasing the distance settings between you and the speakers? Oh hang on, you are saying the picture is before the sound aren't you, so decreasing the distance is required. I'm confused now :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts