shopping help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had excellent help on here before when I was shopping for a new sound system so after so reading I thought I would post on here for some more informed advice.

I'm looking to buy a new MP3 player and possible some new headphones, I think the latter will be necessary for the the best sound quality.
Here's what I'm looking for:

Flac compatable (or any other lossless).
Drag-drop file transfers
Min. 8 gig
I'm not concerned with video player back or any other feature beside music playback.
Not an iPod.

As for the headphones, I mostly listen to classical music so one best suited for that are prefered. In ear sound isolation also a priority.

My budget is around £100 for each or any combination that comes to less than £200 combined

I've been looking into Shure e2c/se110 but read mixed reviews. as for the Mp3 I've seen the sony NWZA818 or the samsung YP Q1. If I'm honest I don't really know where to start.

Thanks for any help.

Murray.

A

Anonymous

Hello mtruelove

Why not an ipod ?

Thing to remember if your going to beÿtransferringÿin lossless is they take up a fair bit of space so 8 gig is going to fill pretty quickly.I have had a few mp3 players now and i dont think any in my opinion were as good as my ipod classic,drag drag drop not a prob,mind you you do have a flaff to convert flac to play.

Anyway people with far more knowledge than me will answer soon hopefully.

Murrayÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

I've owned an ipod in the past and never really got on with it, although I havn't used any of the newer ones. Also the price always seems way over the mark when companies like Creative are making players that are jsut as good but cheaper.

I think you may be right about the 8gig being too little storage. Ideally I want an player that will just let me drag and drop my FLAC files and have them play without any converting.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

A

Anonymous

I've seen reviews on the iAudio 7, and for audio playback it seems like a great player. However on here it seemed to get an aweful review (3 stars I think). Has anyone had any experiance with them?

It also seems that I can get a 16gb one cheaper than the sony and I saw some Shure se210 for only £55. Any thoughts?

Murray.

A

Anonymous

I've gone with the iaudio 7 and audio technica ATH-CK9. Total price: £170.46 (£126.26 iaudio 7 + £44.20 ATH-CK9).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts