setup with multi-room speakers - confused

Elin123

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Let met first say I don't know much about audio and receivers. My house has 3 rooms with built-in speakers. The audio cables are in the room itself (so not centralized on one point). There are also LAN access points and power supplies near the audio cables.

I'm looking for a setup where I can use one app to control music in the 3 rooms.I was already planning to buy the new Denon receiver AVR-s700w for one room.... but I'm a bit confused what to do with the other rooms. I know there is Sonos ... which is expensive and wireless (and I do have the possibility to use LAN).

Am I obligated to buy receivers (like Sonos Connect:amp) for the other 2 rooms? Or is there a simpler setup? I'm trying to find out what the most suitable solution is for this kind of setup ...

I'm seeing a lot of ads for new wireless speakers, but that's not what I need (speakers are already there... )

Thanks for clarification!

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
If all of your speaker cables had ended in 1 central location, you could have bought a receiver with 3 zones. Since this is not the case, the only option you have is to use Connect:AMPs; there isn't any viable alternative

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts