Sennheiser HD800

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I want a mint pair of the Sennheiser Orpheus full range electrostatic headphones (with their own dedicated valve amp).

95354-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

i would like one as well cant wait to win the lottery you never know.. then maybe the wife might get me them for my birthday hey ho..

A

Anonymous

floyd droid:
Or did i dream it ?

I think he has induced us all into a semi-comatose state of ambiguous disillusionment. ÿ

T

the record spot

Hughes123:Want. Badly. Clicky.

Take it easy H, I mean, I hope your folks have got two things; a bloody big garage and the patience of a saint. Sorry mate, but you're like the kid who got the keys to the sweetshop. You got an expensive Arcam, didn't like it, preferred a 1979 JVC. Lambasted vinyl, loved vinyl, panned it, loved it again. New headphones, old headphones, now these.

You're pretty lucky for what you have there but you're going about this all wrong. I've been into hi-fi since around 1979 but I think you've owned more in two years than I've done in 30. Why search for a nirvana I don't think you'll ever find with the approach you're currently taking? Take a step back; all you'll do is line a dealer's pockets and be just as annoyed. Instead of jumping in with both feet and end up looking for the next big thing a fortnight later, why not let what you have soak in for a few weeks?!

Seriously, enjoy the current hi-fi, car, jazz band, photography, relationship with Cyrus, and vintage hifi boot hill you have there - it's more than most have got but I think I'll stop here before you suspect me your parents of having bribed me...

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:Hughes123:Want. Badly. Clicky.

Take it easy H, I mean, I hope your folks have got two things; a bloody big garage and the patience of a saint. Sorry mate, but you're like the kid who got the keys to the sweetshop. You got an expensive Arcam, didn't like it, preferred a 1979 JVC. Lambasted vinyl, loved vinyl, panned it, loved it again. New headphones, old headphones, now these.

You're pretty lucky for what you have there but you're going about this all wrong. I've been into hi-fi since around 1979 but I think you've owned more in two years than I've done in 30. Why search for a nirvana I don't think you'll ever find with the approach you're currently taking? Take a step back; all you'll do is line a dealer's pockets and be just as annoyed. Instead of jumping in with both feet and end up looking for the next big thing a fortnight later, why not let what you have soak in for a few weeks?!

Seriously, enjoy the current hi-fi, car, jazz band, photography, relationship with Cyrus, and vintage hifi boot hill you have there - it's more than most have got but I think I'll stop here before you suspect me your parents of having bribed me...

What a well thought out diplomatic waste of type mr recordspot. He cant do it i tell ya.

T

the record spot

I only mention it as he's exactly like me; I want, want, want all the time. Since I changed my CD player and speakers recently, I'm after a new amp now. Thing is, my speakers cost me £78 and my next amp might be a late 60s Leak. Total spend? Less than £200. I'd LOVE to get a Leema or Unison Research amp, but it ain't happening this side of my twins going to school (and probably leaving it some years later).

I suppose that explains my trawling through the used kit out there as well come to think of it!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:I only mention it as he's exactly like me; I want, want, want all the time. Since I changed my CD player and speakers recently, I'm after a new amp now. Thing is, my speakers cost me £78 and my next amp might be a late 60s Leak. Total spend? Less than £200. I'd LOVE to get a Leema or Unison Research amp, but it ain't happening this side of my twins going to school (and probably leaving it some years later).

I suppose that explains my trawling through the used kit out there as well come to think of it!

We all want want want at times but it dosnt matter how much what you have cost. The bottom line is you plug it in and play your tunes and for the time being you are a happy bunny.

T

the record spot

Well, the £78 speakes were my Mission 752s - about £550 in their day in the mid-90s, so something of a bargain methinks! It's a steady upgrade path I'm on and buying used is no bad thing IMO - definately a good way to get some cracking kit for little outlay. Certainly for the cost of these HD800s you're looking at some ace used gear, no question.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:Well, the £78 speakes were my Mission 752s - about £550 in their day in the mid-90s, so something of a bargain methinks! It's a steady upgrade path I'm on and buying used is no bad thing IMO - definately a good way to get some cracking kit for little outlay. Certainly for the cost of these HD800s you're looking at some ace used gear, no question.

A steady upgrade that will one day get you your dream set up for a fraction of the actual price. Ok it may take a while but things mean more (IMO) when they have been strived for ,instead of dropping in the lap,so to speak.

A

Anonymous

That Orpheus kit looks sensational chebby!

I must assume that current Stax electrostatics might perform to as high a standard, do you think?

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
They do look very interesting, it's about time Sennheiser did something like this. Hopefully if these cans are as good as they sound it can only be a good thing, as it may encourage other companies to get back into manufacturing high end phones again as well, e.g. - Sony, AKG.

Unfortunately I have completely banned myself from buying audio equipment this year, so I can save up enough for a nice holiday!

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Hughes123:Want. Badly. Clicky.

Don't worry Mr.TRS, I 'aint gonna buy them! To be honest, the Grados weren't really mine - I did a "long term demo" with my dealer and ended up not wanting (or being able to) pay for them, so I gave them back. They were ex-demo anyway, so I didn't pay £1,000 for them!

I appreciate what you're saying mate, but I should have seen this post before cause I'm currently staring at a brand-new Panasonic TX-32LZD85 1080/24p 100Hz beasty of a TV...which I sold the B&O kit to buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts