Selling RX1 Speakers

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I am selling my Monitor Audio RX1 speakers having upgraded to floor standing speakers, can anyone suggest where I could sell them other than on that well known auction site.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree midrange and scale are impressive, my amp is a Rega Brio R and I use an Audiolab 8200cd as the source.

Coll said:
Yes I agree midrange and scale are impressive, my amp is a Rega Brio R and I use an Audiolab 8200cd as the source.

Yup, MA are amongst some of my fav speakers, although I do prefer the new GX range. Only heard the GX100 connected to a Cyrus 8XP + matching CDP, and the newer versions are more agreeable than ealier Cyrus/MAs.

How do the RX6 differ from the RX1? Assuming, of course, you take the extra scale out of the equation.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel the midrange is slightly clearer no doubt because the midrange driver does not have to do all the bass work as per the RX1.
Although it was pretty good on the RX1, high frequencies are about the same and as you say the bass is extended more.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the Marantz MCR603 all in one, I would say that the Rega gives a fuller more powerful sound , I suppose more dynamic and musical to coin a phrase. I actually kept the Marantz as a tuner and back up CD and amp. I feel there is a little more detail with the Rega too.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
One other thing with the Brio R is that although it is only supposed to be 50 watts per channel it seems more powerful than that.

A

Anonymous

Hi Coll, i could be interested. E-mail address bplatford@hotmail.com

Regards Barry

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I used AV Forums successfully when selling all my old stuff. A real good experience where you can build a dialogue with the buyer. No fees at all.

For me, eBay is a last option as their fees are too much

A

Anonymous

There are a few other hifi forums where you're able to sell hifi equipment as well as AVForums

What about Gumtree & PreLoved as well?

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
therecruiter said:
There are a few other hifi forums where you're able to sell hifi equipment as well as AVForums

What about Gumtree & PreLoved as well?

Did try these and some others but no luck so went to E??? and sold them in about half an hour at a good price.
Admitted there is a fee but at least it was quick to sell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts