Selling naim system. Need replacement.

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi there everyone. Im selling my naim system and need to replace it with something cheaper but not cheaper naim as i dont rate the entry level kit. I want seperates. I would be spending about a grand for both cd player and amplifier. i would consider streaming option, cd ripper streamer if it can be done within budget.

I wont be needing speakers as i will keeping the viennas so the amp will need to be capable of driving those as they are not the easiest to drive. I would just like to some suggestions of talented combos that offer good price/performance ratio which i can then demo.

Thanks

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
this is gonna be a bit slightly over the budget but if you have a chance you could check out my amp - Pathos Classic One mk III. sounds great and it'll drive your speakers with ease. you could have it for around GBP 1300 ex-demo if you look around for a bargain.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Vienna acoustics go really well with Cyrus, so I would suggewt you consider an X power coupled with a Linn Majik DS if you can find one ex demo or second hand. The lin has digital volume contorl so can be used as a preamp.

Second hand x powers go for about £500 (or reprocessed new can be got for about £750). I got my Majik DS for £1200.

Recon it would sound great and go well with the speakers. You might even have enough money left for a NAS.

Alternatively consider a Sneaky DS for about £750 as a source only (the inbuilt amp wont be enough for the VA speakers), and an integrated amp of your choice.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
gregvet said:
Alternatively consider a Sneaky DS for about £750 as a source only (the inbuilt amp wont be enough for the VA speakers), and an integrated amp of your choice.

In this case, a good choice would be the MF M3i or Harman Kardon HK990.

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the suggestions. Definitely some interesting gear to consider. Ive consisdered linn streamers. Something to think about. Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts