Seeking a subwoofer to complete my home cinema system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Reading big boss's comment I think the pb1000 will be my choice. In my eyes the monolith is the king sub of the 450-500 pound price point. Maybe if I move into a house in the future I will get a monolith! For now I think the scaled down sub of the pb1000 will be alright for my flat. Can always lower volume if need be. Still goes very low and 10" driver should be fine. Lot better than my bookshelves anyway and that's good enough for me! Think I'll order the pb1000 in a couple months unless I change my mind again lol. Might get my 5.1 sorted when sub arrives too have full experience

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
If I was to increase my budget upto maybe £700 what other good ported subs would fit into that price range? Was looking at the pb2000 after I read the pb1000 can't quite punch you in the chest and one day I would like to see what that feels like!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The PB1000 looks very good performance for the money.

SVS are clever I think in getting the rated performance from a 10" sub. Lets us know how you get on with it

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
now i am deciding between bk monolith and svs pb-1000.

so hard to decide, both subs have 300W RMS but bk has 12" while svs has 10", the svs might have more efficient driver the svs looks nicer but is there any other pro's and cons for each sub?

the only thing that is making me lean towards bk is 12" driver

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts