Secondhand jazz record shops in Berlin Germany

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
ALTANPSX said:
I will be in Berlin at august. Used jazz record shop info please...

Take your pick there are loads. Some of the ones I know best are in Freidrichshain, Prenzlauer Berg and Mitte.

There's a brilliant one just off Karl-Marx Allee, up from Frankfurter Tor U-bahn. Also a couple on Simon-Dach Strasse. They have a fair bit of jazz stuff in there. Loads of avant-garde stuff dotted around too in both of the aforementioned.

Plus you'll come across a lot of Sunday morning flea market/antique fairs where there are many vinyl dealers around.

Enjoy.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I was staying in Prenzlauer Berg a couple of years ago and visited a record shop selling mostly prog-era LPs (at fairly inflated prices). Didn't say anything but looked around and browsed. Second time I went in a couple of days later, the proprietor made it clear he didn't want me in the shop. This was certainly a first for me! I know Berlin has a somewhat edgy atmosphere, and there are problems in that area with yuppie incomers, but British tourists? Sheesh.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
jerry klinger said:
I was staying in Prenzlauer Berg a couple of years ago and visited a record shop selling mostly prog-era LPs (at fairly inflated prices). Didn't say anything but looked around and browsed. Second time I went in a couple of days later, the proprietor made it clear he didn't want me in the shop. This was certainly a first for me! I know Berlin has a somewhat edgy atmosphere, and there are problems in that area with yuppie incomers, but British tourists? Sheesh.

I once got ushered out of a hi-fi shop (Stereo World) in Cairns, Australia for having the temerity to walk in with a pushchair. My one year old was deemed a threat to all the Project turntables.

TRENDING THREADS