Searching the forums...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Seem to have an issue with searching. If I type in the box to search the forums, I get a few results and then an entry at the bottom saying xx matches. See more matching ... . If I click on the link to see more, I then just get Sorry, there are no records matching your search criteria. Any one else getting this or just me? Started today at some point. Am using Firefox but Safari does exactly the same.

Also, any recommendations on another browser you can use with the Mac? Ever since formatting began working for me (so I didn't have to type in the HTML code any more) Safari now doesn't work properly and every 2 hours or so, Firefox goes mad and won't display the site properly so I have to Force Quit it and then restart it. Getting on my nerves a little now...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Points on search noted and flagged up to the people with pens in their top pockets.

Re browser, I've found Firefox to be the most reliable, but it does seem to have caching problems. By reducing the cache to 0MB, it seems much better.

A

Anonymous

Hi Prof,

I think it's one of the problems with WHF website. It
works exactly the same for me. Another think I can't stand is news pages. You
have 1 to 5 pages and next, preview buttons so you can go through news items.
Try it please... Blank page if you want to see next news item. Shame they didn't
fix it foe so long. Looks like maybe there is nobody technical in their
office.... I can help if WHF wants ;-)

Anyway, about second part of your email, would like to
recommend something but not really sure about MAC's. I know Google has its own
Chrome browser but as for now it's only for MicroS.

Regards,

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
stone28 it's actually designed for very long new stories, not flicking through all the stories. And try as we might, we don't seem to be able to get rid of it...

A

Anonymous

I can see you are using jquery on your site. It looks like it can be done by puting one line of the code:

$(".pagerNav").hide();

or by editing you base.css file and adding:

. pagerNav {
display: none;
}

but the second option looks like it will be overwritten by some JS script. So the first option is the way to go
(at least from quick look at your site, but maybe there is something I don't know and it's not that straight forward)

Regards,

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
stone28:

I can see you are using jquery on your site. It looks like it can be done by puting one line of the code:

$(".pagerNav").hide();
or by editing you base.css file and adding:

. pagerNav {
display: none;
}
but the second option looks like it will be overwritten by some JS script. So the first option is the way to go
(at least from quick look at your site, but maybe there is something I don't know and it's not that straight forward)
Regards,

I'll pass it on - as I often say, I have little idea of the mechanics of how all this works.

A

Anonymous

I'll raise the points tomorrow and get them into the bug tracking.

The paging one is very odd, but well spotted. It should just work via the .net code rather than needing to use jQuery or css.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've got the same issue as JohnDuncan - if you search for say "Pioneer" in the forums search, it returns searches by "relevant". If you click to make them "date ordered", it switches to "All What Hi-Fi" (rather than forums) and returns nuffink.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts