Searching for a cheap DAC for my Apple TV 3gen

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I recently bought a Apple TV 3gen and a Samsung LED TV. Now my ATV is connected with hdmi to my Samsung led tv. The samsung doesn't have an analog out so I connected the output from the headphone to my marantz amp. My first question, will I be able to improve the sound quality with a DAC connected to my optical output from my tv?

And wich choice is the best? Connecting the DAC to my tv (with apple tv on it) or connect it direct to my apple tv optical output? Does the TV do something with the digital signal from the Apple TV or does it only transform the binairy code to the optical without any loss?

Next question, if I buy a DAC, should I go for a really cheap chinese one (30 euros) or a more decent low budget DAC as a Beresford or Maverick Tubemagic (250 euros max)

I'm not really an audiophile but I love my music, most of the time I listen to vinyl or 320kps mp3's with my apple TV. So can I improve the sound? And how? Please help me out

A

Anonymous

I'm sure this will do the trick but will it be better? And aren't the beresford or maverik magictube much better or will the sound with my setup be the same as with the cheap one?

TRENDING THREADS