screw-in part ?

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
The headphones that I bought a while back, well the headphone lead has a screw-in part at its end, not the tip, what is this for please ?
Sound seems Great but I have always wondered as to what this part of the jack is actually for ?

Friesiansam

The headphones that I bought a while back, well the headphone lead has a screw-in part at its end, not the tip, what is this for please ?
Sound seems Great but I have always wondered as to what this part of the jack is actually for ?
It will just be so that you can plug the headphones in to a different size socket. You should have 3.5mm and 6.35mm (¼inch) options.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Gray

I bought these :

beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Studio Headphones - 80 Ohm​

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0016MN...=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1
As we thought Alan, the screw-on part is the adaptor - which you will either have had to remove, for use in the smaller (3.5mm) socket - or you've left it on for use in the larger type (6.35mm) socket.

If you didn't know it was removeable, presumably you've only ever plugged into a larger socket.
But then, if you have removed it....you would surely have seen the smaller plug :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Alantiggger

TRENDING THREADS