Saving money, whilst spending????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well I am now the proud new owner of a cyrussuge dacx and boy am I happy! I have been looking at upgrading for a while but nothing has caught my ear. Told I had a seesion at my local HiFi dealer trying out new cd players for my MF combo.

My current player is the CD6s which I have always found to be a little bright, anyway I tried the sugden Bijou which I found to be similar in terms of brightness and the bass sounded muddled so not a good match. Next up was the Roksan Caspian again not a good pairing.

CDP No 3 was the denson 400 plus, this got hold of me by the veg and boy did it sing, what a player great with dance /up tempo music but when things got vocal, Norah Jones and rocky Muse, it sounded awful I was gobsmacked.

A change in plan next lets try the Denson CDP with the matching amp the Denson B110. This again sounded good with dance music but not as good in my opinion as my MF set up, however when I put the vocal stuff on i almost feel asleep, all that passion which it had for dance music was lost, like it had had a hard night bopping away and was now ready for bed.

The last resort lets just see what happens when we link the CD 6s up to the dacx? Sound stage, bass, treeeble, piano, guitar what ever was thrown at it sounded amazing on all counts, what a product! Bought it there and then no worries.

So why did I say say saving money whilst spending, well its simple really, I have now got in effect a £1600 cdp system which blows the socks off any CD player in the same price bracket, which I have listend 2 but only spent £1k I know there are other options but I had tried a few and not been happy and this is the winning formula for me and MY ears Try a DAC today you may get a shock!

A

Anonymous

sorry about the format, it seems to have a mind of its own?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts