simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Here you go

71js19NllXL._SL1400_.jpg

OldboyVsNinja

Aug 30, 2008
Visit site
thanks but dont have any spare money :oops: budget went on tell and bluray player just want basic steps 2 improve motion and pic quality spelt wrong i think

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I just assumed it has got lip sync problems after my experience with said tele. But, you are quite right, Gel, I should ask. So, have you noticed any lip sync problems with off air tv, OldbyVsNinja?

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
No lip sync problems? That's interesting. I don't want to state the obvious, but, we are talking off air, here, aren't we, OldboyVsNinja, not via Bluray or anything? And, you aren't running the sound through a home cinema set up? Because, if you haven't got lip sync problems, I'm definitely taking my set back to the shop.

OldboyVsNinja

Aug 30, 2008
Visit site
mine is fine apart from not downloading updates but i can live with that got 5 year garantee from richer sounds so if it bothers me ill just replace it if yours is unbareble just replace it?

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Got mine from Richer Sounds, also. I'm trying to ascertain whether or not I've got a faulty set before I go to the trouble of reboxing the beast and taking it on a long journey back to the shop. If my set is faulty, I'm fine with making the aformentioned journey, of course. I suppose the only way to find out is to look at another set. I would be absolutely over the moon, if it turned out to be a fault, because I'm so pleased with all other aspects of the tv - As mentioned in my other posts, I agree fully with the WHF five star verdict - the picture is just amazing, for the money - I imagine you'd have to part with a fair bit more cash to better it.

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yeh, I've spoken to Richer Sounds a couple of times, bigboss - just didn't think it was worth reporting. I'm getting a replacement next week - hoping I've just been unlucky the first time. Keep you posted...

kevin939

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just bought one of these and it is a really great TV - super picture, surpringly good sound

Thought I had got a really great deal from Pixmania - BUT I was wrong. The TV is an import and does not do DVB-T2

The website has a couple of litle notes that give it away.......a lesson learnt READ THE SMALL PRINT

DAMN

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ive just bought one of these. The lip sync is due to some sound settings and can be easily fixed (Not got time to check right now)

Last night I did an initial greyscale calibration so I can post these if you like?

Generally though, select MOVIE mode, Gamma -2 (Or 1), WARM 2, Sharpness way down (5 maybe) and all the extra (Not needed) settings off

These settings are pretty much bang on for brightness and contrast (Im still playing about with mine)

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK said:
The lip sync is due to some sound settings and can be easily fixed (Not got time to check right now)

Not on the two tvs I've had the misfortune to have tried. You really ought to check it out before making a comment like that, aliEnRIK - it makes it sound like people who've had lip sync issues with the Samsung don't know what they are talking about. I've tried all the audio delay and sound settings without any joy.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
daveyjay said:
aliEnRIK said:
The lip sync is due to some sound settings and can be easily fixed (Not got time to check right now)

Not on the two tvs I've had the misfortune to have tried. You really ought to check it out before making a comment like that, aliEnRIK - it makes it sound like people who've had lip sync issues with the Samsung don't know what they are talking about. I've tried all the audio delay and sound settings without any joy.

I was just googling settings to see what others had done and this thread was near the top. As it was first thing this morning I just wrote it off the top of my head, so sorry if it came across that way.
Mostly I was posting about picture settings if anyone is interested (Blue is WAY off by default)

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
aliEnRIK said:
Ive just bought one of these. The lip sync is due to some sound settings and can be easily fixed (Not got time to check right now)

Last night I did an initial greyscale calibration so I can post these if you like?

Generally though, select MOVIE mode, Gamma -2 (Or 1), WARM 2, Sharpness way down (5 maybe) and all the extra (Not needed) settings off

These settings are pretty much bang on for brightness and contrast (Im still playing about with mine)

Of course it's down to personal preference but in my experience all TVs give their best picture what set to Standard/Normal picture mode and Normal/Native colour mode.

Some simple advice to anyone interested and don't know about TV set up and don't want to buy a setup disc. For one most Disney movies have a setup section in the settings menu so you could use that.

Sharpness should be off completely on most TVs. However on Samsungs I have found it needs to be on about 5-15

aliEnRik is right. Turn off any extra settings. Put the backlight to it's lowest setting or nutral for the best black levels then adjust the Brightness after the Backlight is set. Contrast shouldn't be to high otherwise whites bloom and glow when they should be white. Try not to use TV broadcast as a final reference because they can differe from channel to channel despite them supposedly using industry stadard settings.

If you don't feel you are comfortable using a setup section on a BD or DVD then set all the Brightness, Contrast and Colour to neutral and the sharpness off. (it's only needed for NTSC standard def not Pal and not any HD)

If you however have the money for a full calibration this is highly recommened as you will see how good your TV/Projector really is.

arditzaja

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, i just bought yesterday this Samsung tv. The screen looks gorgeous and the sound seems fine for me. But i couldn't find how to remove the key sounds when i open menu or when pressing volume up or down etc. It make some disturbing sounds that disturbed me very much. If someone could help me with this i would appreciate it very much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts