SAMSUNG LE52A559P4F- Picture quality

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I recently bought a samsung 52 inch LCD tv and iam having problems with the picture quality and iam not sure whether i have used the right cables and the settings so i have come here for help.

The problem: i am getting blocks in the picture... not huge ones but small ones when the image moves (macro blocking).

I have connected two set top boxes one from tiscali and the other to receive indian channels and also my DVD. All these have been connected via scart cables and all the cables are new the one which goes to the tv from the tiscali set top box is a gold plated scart for which i spent 30 pounds on someones advice who said that will solve the problem. The images from the two set top boxes are having the same problem and the images from the DVD also.

I want to make sure that there is nothing wrong with the TV itself . Please someone help me. it is an expensive purchase and i want it to work properly.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
OK, firstly any standard-def picture - let alone one just connected via Scart - is going to struggle on a screen of your size. You may have to accept that you're not going to get a superb picture on lower-quality channels - especially if you're sitting fairly close to the screen.

have you considered upgrading to DVD player (or even an HD TV service) that offers HDMI connectivity? That should bring big benefits.

Secondly - and this may be a cheaper, simpler fix! - try turning off any processing modes your plasma is running, as these can sometimes do more harm than good.

For more advice, watch our video on how to make the most of any TV.

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for the reply,

sorry but i am quite new to the techno scene so please kindly excuse me if i ask some silly questions.

What do you mean by processing modes and how can i turn it off in my LCD?

Changing the scart connection to something else will help? if yes what?

last what do you mean by upgrading to DVD i already have a DVD player if that is what you mean.

Please help and by the way the distance from where i sit to the TV screen is approximately 15 feet is that OK?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
1) If you go to the picture menu on your TV you should find a series of picture processing modes, such as Noise Reduction, Dynamic Picture and the like which we find are often more of a hindrance than a help. Make sure these are all set to 'off'. Check the manual which should give you more information on these, and also read our guide to setting up your TV here as well as viewing the video Clare mentions.

2) If your DVD player or set-top box has an HDMI socket, as opposed to Scart, connecting them to the TV this way will improve the picture provided you use a good-quality HDMI cable. There's more useful info about HDMI here.

3) Most current DVD players will 'upscale' standard-definition DVDs (with 576 lines of resolution) to 720p, 1080i or 1080p to better fit the resolution of your screen, and this too will help improve picture quality.

4) Yes, your viewing distance of 15ft should be fine.

A

Anonymous

i have done what you have told me and i can see a small difference in the pic quality.thanks a lot for that.

i am thinking of upgrading my DVD player to a Samsung DVD-F1080 which upscales 1080p and also has an hdmi conection can u please advice me if this is good choice? if not which would u recomend?

i am also thinking of changing my cables into HDMI as per ur advice can u recomend me a good quality brand?

thank you very much for all the advice i really do appreciate it.

A

Anonymous

sorry just one more doubt....i just now checked my tiscali set top box and it has a digital tv output is this same as an HDMI output wher i can connect an HDMI cable to my TV.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Please if anyone can help me in my last few questions i will be much obliged.

TRENDING THREADS